Tuesday 30 January 2018

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: TAG Heuer Launch Two Las Vegas Limited Edition Carrera Heuer 01s

CAR2A1G.FC6400

It seems sometimes that barely a week can go by without a new Limited Edition TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer 01 appearing, but for the most part (to me anyway) they all seem rather nice, and these Las Vegas Limited Editions are no exception.

This first 45mm model (CAR2A1G.FC6400) features black-gold plated markers and hands and a special 'roulette' flange around the outside of the dial and comes on a black alligator strap with red stitching and a titanium deployment clasp. This model is limited to 77 pieces and costs $6,200

CAR2A1E.FC6400

The second model is largely the same, but in this instance it's limited to just 7 pieces and costs $9,900. The difference comes with the bezel which is set with 64 x 1.50carat and 64 x 1.40carat black diamonds. There is also apparently a Las Vegas motif on the sapphire caseback of both models, although unfortunately I don't have a picture of that to share with you currently.

Perhaps some people get a bit annoyed by the endless stream of 'special editions' but I really don't mind them at all. In fact my main gripe (apart from the obvious one about not having the funds to buy them all) is that they all seem to be very market specific and no doubt these will only be sold in Las Vegas itself - which is fair enough I suppose, but it does mean that even if I did decide to spring for one I'd have to factor in the price of an air fare and a stop-over.

I know there have been UK special editions in the past and I'm sure there will be again in the future, especially now that TAG have their own London boutique open on Oxford Street, so I guess we'll have to see what comes along. Hopefully TAG won't fall into the cliched trap of thinking we want a Heuer01 with a Union Jack on the dial or a London skyline, but looking at these models it seems modern design is thankfully moving more towards the more subtle. After all, if you can make a tasteful looking Las Vegas model, then you must be doing something right.


I think for my money I would go with the ceramic bezel version, not that I have a particular problem with the black diamond version, but I really like the way the tachymetre looks on my own Heuer01 and I think I'd miss it if it wasn't there.

No comments:

Post a Comment