Tuesday 26 December 2017

OWNED: TAG Heuer Wallet



Like most men (I imagine), I know I am difficult to buy for at Christmas and birthdays. I don't really want much and what I actually do want is generally too expensive to expect as a present (Aquaracers, Carreras, Monaco 24s, etc...). So my wife was thrilled when I suggested to her that she could buy me a TAG Heuer wallet for Christmas this year, and I was equally thrilled to receive it. :)

 


I love how TAG package their products, this is typically top drawer with a lovely presentation box and protective pouch.



The wallet itself feels and looks fantastic, with just some very subtle branding here and there, but also some cool looking perforations in the outer skin.



The central 'card holder' piece is detachable, it fixes to the main wallet with a clip which you can then use to secure to a pocket or belt if you wanted to use that part on it's own.



Since JCB took over the brand all these kind of items have been discontinued, including the belts, passport holders and other wallet types, but we found this in the Bister Village outlet. Price was reduced from about £230 to about £185 if I remember correctly. Which is probably about eight times as much as any wallet I've ever had before!


Needless to say, I won't be using this every single day. Like the majority of my watches I'll be wanting to keep this looking it's best and so it will be a 'going out' wallet for sure. It's a win/win all round, because I don't think I could have brought myself to spend that kind of money on a wallet for myself (I'd rather keep it in the watch fund) and for my wife, it give her the pleasure of getting me something I really wanted. Though what we'll be looking at next year is anyone's guess, maybe if they still have some belts...?

No comments:

Post a Comment