Sunday 12 March 2017

ON THE WRIST: Carrera Heuer 01 Full Black Ceramic Chronograph

CAR2A91.BH0742

Beaverbrooks / Manchester 10th April 2017

While I have written about this particular model before (HERE), this was the first time I'd actually seen one and tried one on. To be honest, this one stood out in the window because it wasn't as black as you'd expect. It's actually a sort of charcoal grey colour, and I was intrigued to know which model it was as I didn't know they made one in that colour.

Of course it's not dissimilar to my own Heuer 01 skeleton, but the all black/grey dial gives it a slightly different feel. The bracelet was slightly too big for me as it was (it probably needed one link taking out) but it felt comfortable enough. Slightly strange wearing a black/grey bracelet, but I'm sure I'd get used to it. I don't think I've ever tried on a ceramic bracelet before, it didn't seem markedly different from a steel bracelet, save perhaps it felt a little smoother. My main problem with the bracelet is the clasp design, which is the type where you don't actually see a visible clasp. This looks good but it's a devil of a job to get on, in the end I laid my wrist on a table and that made it a lot easier to fold in each side of the bracelet. The bracelet is released by a pair of push buttons so should be nice and secure.

At £4800 this costs a considerable premium over the standard Heuer 01 (£4000) and the bracelet version (£4300). Personally I don't think I would choose it even if I didn't already own the rubber version.

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking to buy just the bracelet for my heuer 01

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm, I don't think so. If it was blacker then that would be okay, but honestly it's not even close to black.

      Delete