Tuesday 28 February 2017

SPOTLIGHT ON: Carrera Calibre S Abu Dhabi Limited Edition

CV7A15.FC6287

Helpfully dated on the bezel, this watch was issued in 2010 to celebrate the Grand Prix during which Sebastian Vettel won his first F1 World Championship. Limited to just 200 pieces (which I imagine didn't take very long to shift) this particular watch carries the hybrid electro Calibre-S movement paired with a red stitched alligator strap.

I must say this is one of the best special editions I've seen, I'm not even going to suggest putting it on a tyre-tread rubber strap because I think it looks just fine as it is. I'm slightly inclined to suggest a black case, although the steel lugs look quite cool anyway. 


I found one on eBay (which finished just over a year ago - Jan 2016) which was listed at just under £3000, but it's unclear whether or not the watch was sold or not. I think that's a reasonable price, although having said that you can pick up a later 'Monaco Grand Prix' Carrera for a bit less. I guess it depends on how you feel about the Calibre S versus the Calibre 16 and whether or not you have an affinity to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Which I doubt many people outside the Middle-East do really.

I certainly think this one looks a bit nicer and a bit more exciting, although having not seen one other than in pictures I guess I'd have to reserve judgement on that a little bit. I do think the white text on the upper part of the dial looks great though, with the TAG logo slap bang in the middle of the 'Carrera' and the 'Calibre S'. Very smart indeed. And the red and black detailing on the crown and pusher finishes this off rather nicely.

10 comments:

  1. IF ANYONE INTERESTED I OWN ONE AND I WANT TO SELL IT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi have you still got it? Thanks

      Delete
    2. Yes I still have it

      Delete
    3. 0097459978558

      Delete
  2. Hello, I have one for sale as of October 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one for sale too

    ReplyDelete
  4. +44 7818 423120 Hi any for sale will buy thanks 🙏🏽

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still after one if anyone has one my number uk
    +44 7818 423120

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one for sale in the uk

      Delete