Monday 13 February 2017

Somebody Got a Bargain on eBay Today (and it Wasn't Me!)

WN2110.BA0332

I came across this eBay item today when there was just 33 mins remaining. I have to say that somebody got a fantastic deal on this watch, closing price was £340 for an automatic WN2110 that still has the bracelet and face stickers on!

I mean, it's not the most exciting TAG Heuer in the world, but it's nice enough. It's 39mm and automatic, it does have an engraved backplate (this item was a corporate gift) but it is as good as NOS.



I couldn't watch it finish because I saw it at about 4:50 and I leave work at 5:00, and by the time I got home it was well over. If I'd realised it was only going to go up to £340 I think I would definitely have stuck a bid in myself. The seller didn't help themselves by listing as a 'Kirium', which immediately tells the potential buyer you have no idea what you are talking about, and I guess a lot of people probably aren't so interested in a 2000 series this late in the day, but it still seems like a bargain to me.


The other item that caught my eye, was a Black Phantom Aquaracer which was on offer for £950. The listing had a few hours left to run when I saw it, and by the time I got home it had been taken down due to 'an error in the listing'. The seller claimed Watch Finder had offered him £950 and he was trying to get a better price. It looked genuine, but his story about no box and papers really set alarm bells ringing.


The seller has good feeback, but the watch hasn't been relisted. Maybe he decided to take Watch Finder's offer?

No comments:

Post a Comment