Wednesday 4 January 2017

SPOTLIGHT ON: Monaco Calibre 12 Chronograph

CAW2114.FT6021

I haven't tried this one on, but I have seen it in the Bicester Village outlet, and on paper you would think it was made for me. Red on the dial AND a rubber strap, it's like all my Christmasses have come at once, right?

And yet, while I quite like the watch itself (not crazy about the sub-dials), am I alone in thinking that a Monaco with a rubber strap is just wrong? I mean I love rubber straps, but this just looks a bit odd to me. Maybe it's the design of the rubber strap itself, it's a unique looking design but I can't honestly say it appeals to me. I can't even say it would look okay on a different watch, maybe it would have been better with a plainer strap.

CAW2114.FC6177

This one is also available with a leather strap and while I find the strap on it a little dull, it must be said that it looks more like it 'should'.

No comments:

Post a Comment