Wednesday 14 December 2016

SPOTLIGHT ON: Formula One Chronograph Singapore Grand Prix Limited Edition

CAU1118.FT6024

I've never been a huge fan of this particular style of Formula One, I don't know what it is about them but they always struck me as looking a bit 'cheap' somehow. Particularly the ones with red on them and especially the red bezel version. 

However, this one I rather like. I think black and green is a very cool colour combination and one that isn't used nearly enough in watch design. So when I came across this it rather piqued my interest. As ever though, this particular model was limited to 300 pieces and so the chances of finding one are somewhat slight.

Unusually on this watch (or have I just not been paying attention?) the bottom sub dial is larger than the other two, offering a good view of the 1/10 second counter. Well as good as it can be on what is essentially a phantom watch.

This watch comes on the FT6024 strap which assuming it's the same as my WA1110-0 has a horrible clasp, so that would be ripe for replacement if I could find one. 


I can't decide if the red/green logo looks right or not, or if they should have detailed it in the same green as the chapter ring. I usually like the red/green logo, and I think it looks okay here, but at the same time a colour coded logo would have been nice too. Maybe they could have done a subtle green line around the date window as well, or am I just being greedy now?

I would definitely like to get my hands on one of these and if it was the right price I could conceivably consider adding it to my collection. Definitely a cut above the rest of this range, it's rather a pity this wasn't one of the standard models really.

No comments:

Post a Comment