Sunday 11 December 2016

OWNED: Catalogues


I currently have eight TAG Heuer catalogues, but I am waiting for three more to arrive in the post from eBay sellers. My first catalogue was the 2003/4 catalogue (recently spotted selling for £45 - rather optimistic I think), which I got from eBay. I can't actually remember whether I bought that before or after I got my F1 Kirium, I have a feeling I got it before and then saw the Kirium in there, before I realised how much it was going to be! But of course it was too late then... I was sold.

Most of my catalogues have come from eBay, except one which came from the TAG outlet at Cheshire Oaks, and the 2015 one which came from a Beaverbrooks in Leamington Spa. Of course you don't actually need to buy the catalogues because a lot of them are available as scans on Calibre 11, but as an enthusiast it's much nicer to have them and be able to flick through them rather than looking at them on a screen, they're just nice things to have.

What I'd really like is some way to display them. Unfortunately they come in an array of different shapes and sizes so they look a bloody mess next to each other. And worst of all is that the newer catalogues are really small compared to the previous editions, although to be fair they do have decent sized photos of the watches inside and they are hard backed.

I have recently acquired a couple of catalogues from other brands, the Tudor one from Watches of Switzerland in London, is a nice large format with some great pictures inside, and then there is the Breitling catalogue I got from Goldsmiths in Milton Keynes. This one knocks all the others for six, for a start it's about an inch thick, and it's a nice chunky size as well. I still haven't really found a Breitling I love enough to purchase, but their marketing is first class.


Recently I have noticed a few 2016 TAG Heuer catalogues for sale on eBay. As yet I don't have this one, but before I buy I will strap on my Heuer 01 and make some enquiries at a few local jewellers. In this instance it really is a case of 'you don't ask... you don't get'.

No comments:

Post a Comment