Wednesday 14 December 2016

ON THE WRIST: Formula One Calibre 16 Chronograph

CAZ2012.BA0970

Goldsmiths / Sheffield 26th November 2016

I tried this on the same day as the black version mentioned in the last post. This was a case of trying something on for review, rather than for my own interest. This model costs a couple of hundred quid more than the CAZ2011.FT8024, which is a little bit confusing, yes it has a bracelet rather than a rubber strap, but the CAZ2011 has titanium carbide coating which usually adds £3-400, and it's a 'Special Edition' which again adds a few quid on... all of which makes this bracelet rather expensive - don't you think?

Anyway, leaving aside the questionable pricing, this is quite a nice watch, and I particular like the the touches of red on the second hand, crown, bezel and subdials. It's a bit too 'regular' to really get me excited, especially at this price point, but it does have a certain style about it.

The ceramic bezel is pretty neat and the ceramic inserts in the bracelet set it off nicely. The bracelet definitely gives this watch a kind of 'grown-up' feeling about it, and makes a sports watch rather dressy. Unfortunately my one big beef with this watch is the clasp on the bracelet, which is the worst clasp I've seen on any watch for a very long time.

It's a horrible folding thing, that appears to be made of tin, it really is that bad, and a right faff to fasten as well. No TAG, sorry but I'm definitely not impressed with that at all. Nasty and expensive, and would put me off owning this altogether.

2 comments:

  1. How long does luminosity last in the dark?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Penteado
    Unfortunately I don't own the watch so I couldn't say. I would imagine it would be similar to other TAG Heuer watches with Luminova so probably still readable after 5-6 hours.
    AquaG

    ReplyDelete