Friday 25 November 2016

ON THE WRIST: Monaco Calibre 12 Chronograph Limited Edition

CAW2119.FC6289

Watch Finder / London 24th November 2016

I must admit I was slightly disappointed in the selection of TAG Heuers available in the London 'Watch Finder', given the vast number available on their website. But I suppose in London space costs money and they don't have an awful lot of it, and what they do have is predominantly dedicated to Rolexes.

Still, I did find this little beauty, which is limited to just 250 pieces and is in superb condition. It's three years old and has one tiny scratch on the case just next to the top pusher, but that really is about the only fault I could find. The strap is in great shape as well, although I'm not really a fan of alligator straps. What you can't see in the picture above is that the inside of the strap is lined in red, which looks pretty damn cool actually.

I like the Monaco aesthetic, but if I ever buy one it will have to be something that has 'more' than just the standard look. This watch fits that bill, with a very cool carbon fibre dial, the red touches on the hands and the red stitched and backed strap. It felt nice on the wrist too (though I wasn't crazy about the polished buckle - immaculate though it was) and certainly gave me pause for thought. I've always thought if I bought a (non 24) Monaco then it would probably have a black PVD case, but this one was pretty special.

Not sure on the original list price, but Watch Finder are selling this for £3600, which sounds about right given the condition and the limited edition status.

No comments:

Post a Comment