Sunday 27 November 2016

ON THE WRIST: Formula One Quartz Chronograph James Hunt Limited Edition

CAZ1017.FC8212

Goldsmiths / Sheffield 26th November 2016

I didn't go in with the intention of trying this watch on, it just caught my eye while I was trying another watch, and I must admit (to my surprise) I rather liked it. The strap, of course, is horrendous. But it would be simple to swap it for a nice rubber strap and then we would have a very nice piece indeed. 

The stripes on the face actually look better in real life than in the picture, and removing the hideous strap would also solve the problem of the stripes not matching (well not even trying to match) where they run across the face. I guess a lot of people will think that's a stupid comment, but to me it really looks wrong, either make the stripes on the face bigger or the stripes on the strap smaller (or better yet both), because as it is it looks a bit silly.

Which is a shame, because otherwise this is a nice watch. The assistant assured me that the back has James Hunt's signature printed on it and I'm sure it does, but of course you can't actually see it because of the nasty, flimsy, crappy strap. Did I mention I didn't like the strap, I think I did... 

Leaving the strap aside though, this is a very nice watch and I would choose this over the Red Bull version I think, and I didn't honestly think I would be saying that this morning! C'mon TAG, stick a lovely rubber strap on it and make my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment